Knott’s Berry Farm celebrates 100 years with the refreshed version of a fan favorite, “Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair 4-D,” opening in 2020, according to the OC Register.
- In 2020, Knott’s Berry Farm will be celebrating 100 years of history at the park, with “Knott’s Family Reunion,” and paying tribute to the legacy left by the park’s founding family. To celebrate, Knott’s Berry Farm is bringing back a favorite attraction, with a modern day twist: The Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair 4-D.
- The original Knott’s Bear-y Tales opened in 1975, with Disney Imagineer Rolly Crump hired by the Knott family to assist with the design. The attraction followed the bear family of Raz, Boysen, Girlsen, Elder and Flapper as they traveled to the annual Country Fair to sell their pies. The dark ride took guests into the Frog Forest, Thunder Cave, Fortune Teller Camp and the Weird Woods with a catchy theme song that can only be heard at the Knott’s Berry Farm theme park.
- The favorite attraction was replaced in 1987 by the Kingdom of the Dinosaurs attraction, which stands currently where Voyage to the Iron Reef hosts visitors. Coming full circle, Voyage to the Iron Reef will be closing June 5th to make way for The Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair 4-D interactive dark ride in its place in 2020. Triotech, the Montreal-based firm who helped with Voyage to the Iron Reef will be tapped again for Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair 4-D.
- Riders to the new attraction will find themselves returning to the Country Fair, following Boysen Bear and Girlsen Bear as they hope to win a blue ribbon for their boysenberry pies. New digitally rendered scenes will recreate the Boysenberry Pie Factory, Frog Forest, Fortune Teller Camp, Thunder Cave and Weird Woods from the original attraction.
- But wait! Crafty Coyote and his pups are back too! And this time riders are ready with their jelly blasters as we try and stop the mischievous coyotes from stealing the pies inside the factory.
- Concept art shows bears working in the factory as pies pass on a conveyor belt while coyote pups raise havoc in the bakery, as well as the guests armed with their jelly blasters shooting purple jelly at the coyotes.
- Riders can expect to see tributes to the original attraction, with easter eggs as well as the return of the catchy theme song.
- Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair 4-D opens at Knott’s Berry Farm in 2020.
What They’re Saying:
- Jon Storbeck, Knott’s vice president and general manager: “The return of Knott’s Bear-y Tales is perfect for the 100th anniversary because it brings back one of the park’s most nostalgic and beloved attractions in an innovative 4-D dark ride format that will delight an entirely new generation of fans.”