A new exhibit opened today in the Morocco Pavilion at Epcot. Guests can now stop by the “Race Against the Sun: Ancient Technique to Modern Competition” exhibit to learn about two incredible modern-day competitions.
- The Disney Parks Blog explains that the new exhibit covers two competitions:
- Marathon des Sables (Marathon of the Sands)
- Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc (Rally of the Gazelles)
- Guests can also learn the rich history of the ancient inhabitants of the Sahara, the Berbers.
- The exhibit includes a lifelike diorama of Marathon of the Sands with race gear and trophies from Moroccan competitors as well as an interactive photo opportunity highlighting Rally of the Gazelles.
- Guests can learn how the Berbers mastered the challenges of living in the formidable environment of the Sahara Desert.
- In addition to the new exhibit, you can get a taste of what it’s like to participate in an intense desert competition with new dishes at the Tangierine Café.
- Guests can try “sellou,” a food commonly eaten by participants during the “Race Against the Sun.”