Universal Orlando Resort will host the fifth annual Ryerson Invitational Thrill Design Competition from November 15-18.
- This multi-day collegiate-level thrill design competition is presented by Universal Creative in partnership with Ryerson University.
- Throughout this four day competition, 120 students from across the country representing engineering, creative, architecture and business majors from 16 universities will take on theme park design challenges ranging from guest experience to attraction design.
- Participating schools include:
- Auburn University
- Carnegie-Mellon University
- Cornell University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Ryerson University
- University of Arizona
- University of Central Florida
- Southern Methodist University
- University of California – San Diego
- University of Michigan
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Drexel University
- University of Florida
- University of Notre Dame
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- This competition enables students to demonstrate imagination and creativity, technical skills, collaboration, time management and presentation.
- This invitational also creates the opportunity for students to engage and network with Universal Creative leadership and industry leaders, presenting their findings and solutions to the challenges to an esteemed panel of judges.
- More than 50 students who have participated in this competition have gone on to receive internships or jobs with Universal Creative and other industry-leading organizations.
- Universal Creative designs, develops and delivers compelling theme park entertainment experiences for Universal Parks & Resorts guests.
- Universal Creative’s contributions have built a foundation of innovative attractions, immersive theme parks, and world-class resorts that set new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
What they’re saying:
- Steve Blum, Senior Vice President of Engineering and Safety, Universal Creative: “One of the highlights of our year is bringing together industry leaders and some of the most talented students with a passion for engineering and theme parks. We are eager to see these young leaders work hard throughout this invitational and showcase their creativity and knowledge.”
- Dr. Kathryn Woodcock, Professor, Ryerson University, and Director, THRILL Laboratory: “Universal Creative has enabled Ryerson University to develop a truly unique educational experience and it is incomparable to have the opportunity for these students to present in-person to the brilliant professionals behind the world-class attractions they admire.”
The Ryerson Invitational Thrill Design Competition presented by Universal Creative begins November 15 at Universal Orlando Resort.