Disney’s Media Networks are pleased to announce they are participating in the World’s Ultimate Toy Drive as part of the Toys for Tots Program.
- Disney Media Networks is participating in the World’s Ultimate Toy Drive campaign to benefit the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots Program.
- The campaign runs through December 15, 2019, with various activations from across the company to inspire kids and families to join in the season of giving by giving back to those who need it most.
- As part of the campaign, Tamron Hall, host of the nationally syndicated talk show Tamron Hall, presented a $300,000 donation from The Walt Disney Company to Toys for Tots on Veterans Day, November 11, 2019.
Everyone is invited to contribute to the World’s Ultimate Toy Drive by donating new, unwrapped toys at Disney stores, shopDisney.com and at select events across the nation this holiday season.
- The ABC Owned Television Stations will host community toy drive events across eight markets:
- GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke will be shopping at the Times Square Disney Store on November 13, 2019, to purchase toys to donate to Toys for Tots.
- The View is asking audience members to bring new, unwrapped toys to donate to Toys for Tots at their November 27, 2019, taping.
- Donate a new, unwrapped toy online at shopDisney.com or at a U.S. Disney store from now through December 15, 2019, and Disney will donate $1 to Toys for Tots (ToysForTots.org/holiday).
- Additionally, as part of the campaign, produced content from across Disney’s media networks will feature storyline integrations that highlight the season of giving and supporting all families in need. Shows include:
- The Goldbergs
- The Conners
- Fresh Off the Boat
- The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration
- Wrap Battle
Good to know:
- The Walt Disney Company has proudly supported the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots Program for over 70 years, dating back to 1947 when Walt Disney and his animators designed the original Toys for Tots train logo that is still used today.
- Disney is pleased to continue this tradition with the World’s Ultimate Toy Drive.
- Follow the entire campaign across all channels and business segments using the official hashtag #WorldsUltimateToyDrive.
- For more information, please visit ToysForTots.org/holiday.
About Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots:
- Toys for Tots, a 72-year national charitable program run by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, provides happiness and hope to disadvantaged children during each Christmas holiday season.
- The toys, books and other gifts collected and distributed by the Marines offer these children recognition, confidence and a positive memory for a lifetime.
- It is such experiences that help children become responsible citizens and caring members of their community.
- Last year the Marine Toys for Tots Program fulfilled the holiday hopes and dreams of 7 million less fortunate children in 800 communities nationwide. Since 1947 over 258 million children have been assisted.
- The Marine Toys for Tots Program is a not for profit organization authorized by the U.S. Marine Corps and the Department of Defense to provide fundraising and other necessary support for the annual Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program.