Hulu has announced they will be increasing the cost of their Hulu + Live TV subscription by $10 starting in mid December.
- Hulu has announced that starting on December 18, 2019, the monthly cost of Hulu + Live TV will increase to $54.99.
- The former monthly fee was $44.99
- The streamer released a notice informing customers of the changes along with reasons for the $10 increase.
- Hulu + Live TV was launched in 2017 giving customers the best of both live and on-demand television services.
- The streamer offers more than 60+ live sports, news and entertainment channels, including:
- Fox Sports
- All major broadcast networks
- Hulu + Live TV also includes all of Hulu’s on-demand content such as:
- Hulu Originals
- This is Us
- The Good Doctor
- Family Guy
What they’re saying:
- In their notice to customers Hulu writes:
- “Today, we’re letting customers know that the monthly base price of Hulu + Live TV will increase to $54.99, beginning December 18. The new price better reflects the substantial value of Hulu + Live TV and allows us to continue offering all of the popular live news, sports and entertainment programming included in the plan.”
- With the announcement of a price change, Hulu acknowledges that this could be a turn off for some subscribers, however they promise flexibility and ease when switching between plans and tiers:
- “Price changes are never easy to stomach, and we know that many people don’t watch live television year-round, so we’ve made it easy for Hulu subscribers to switch back and forth between our plans to best suit their needs.”
- For audiences who want to enjoy seasonal offerings college football Hulu suggests fans, “choose Hulu + Live TV during the season, then switch to one of Hulu’s less expensive on-demand plans when it’s over.”
- Additionally the streamer encourages, “for those who enjoy most of their TV on demand but really want to watch live election news, just switch to Hulu + Live TV for a few months.”
- “Whichever plan you choose at any given time, we just want you to have a great TV experience on Hulu.”
- The full notice to customers can be viewed here.
Good to know:
- Hulu + Live TV’s new pricing will go into effect beginning December 18 for new subscribers.
- Existing subscribers will see these changes reflected in their subsequent billing cycle after December 18.
- The price increase will be applied across all Live TV plans.
- Fans looking to get the best of Disney+ sports and Hulu can now subscribe to the Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu (with ads) bundle for $12.99 per month.