Disney Resorts are participating in Family Volunteer Day (November 23) and they’re inviting guests to join them. The Disney Parks Blog shared details about this year’s projects and how families can get involved.
- This Saturday, November 23, Disney Parks will be celebrating Family Volunteer Day by hosting special events and projects at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
- Thanks to the power of families who work together to support their communities, a little bit of help goes a long way in making a big impact.
- In honor of the global day of service, Disney resorts are inviting families to participate and get involved.
- Below are ways families can help.
Walt Disney World:
- The fun will kick off at 10:30 am ET at Walt Disney World Resort where guests can join a super celebration at the Disney Springs Marketplace stage.
- Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, Bob Chapek, will be joined by Mickey Mouse and friends to celebrate the Aguirre family from Texas, who were recently named the first-ever Disney and Points of Light Volunteer Family of the Year, following a nationwide search and vote on ABC’s Good Morning America.
- After the celebration, guests can head over to a nearby “Volunteer Village” between 11 am and 2 pm to take part in fun volunteer activities that support local nonprofits.
- Volunteers can:
- Help Clean the World
- Write postcards for Operation Uplift
- Participate in a nature activity with the Disney Conservation Fund
- Anyone who participates will be eligible to receive exclusive offers at select Disney Springs retail and dining locations valid that day.*
- In honor of Family Volunteer Day, Disney will donate $1 for every purchase transaction at Once Upon a Toy and Goofy’s Candy Company at Disney Springs on November 23 to Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
- At “Volunteer Village”, guests can also help build a giant mystery-themed Lego mural that will be donated to Clean the World, and find information on how to get involved in family volunteering in their own community.
- Over at Disneyland Resort, guests can stop by Disney California Adventure park between 10 am and 2 pm PT to create keepsake badges for Inside the Outdoors teachers and students.
- Anaheim City visitors or residents can also join Disney VoluntEARS between 12 pm and 2 pm PT at Farmers Park to pack comfort kits for Mercy House, or at Eucalyptus Park to pack kits for Chrysalis.
- Disney cast members and their families will also be celebrating by participating in volunteer events to support local communities at Disney parks and resorts all around the world!
Help out at home:
- Can’t make it to Walt Disney World or Disneyland to celebrate in person?
- Disney fans can still join in by sharing a photo or video of their family volunteering on the day using #VolunteerTogether and tagging @DisneyParks.
Need help finding a volunteer opportunity in your community?:
Good to know:
- Family Volunteer Day is powered by Points of Light and sponsored by The Walt Disney Company.
- Nonprofits and schools in the U.S. can join the Disney Family Volunteering Reward Program and earn Disney Parks tickets by hosting volunteer family events.
The fine print:
- *Some exclusions apply; see location for details.
- While supplies last.
- Offers may not be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- All offers and discounts are subject to change without notice and valid November 23, 2019 only.
- Valid at participating locations at Disney Springs only.