Jeopardy’s three highest money winners are coming to ABC in a prime-time competition that will be hosted by Alex Trebek.
- On the heels of the iconic Tournament of Champions, Jeopardy is coming to ABC in a multiple consecutive night event with Jeopardy: The Greatest of All Time, premiering Tuesday, January 7th (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
- Of course, the show will be hosted by the one and only Alex Trebek.
- This epic television event brings together the three highest money winners in the long-running game show’s history: Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter, and James Holzhauer.
- The Jeopardy fan favorites will compete in a series of matches; the first to win three receives $1 million and the title of Jeopardy The Greatest of All Time.
- The two runners up will each receive $250,000.
- Since a contestant will need to win three matches to take home the grand prize, the showdown could last anywhere between three and seven nights.
- Jeopardy The Greatest of All Time will air as follows:
- TUESDAY, JAN. 7 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST)
- WEDNESDAY, JAN. 8 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST)
- THURSDAY, JAN. 9 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST)
- *FRIDAY, JAN. 10 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST)
- *TUESDAY, JAN. 14 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST)
- *WEDNESDAY, JAN. 15 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST)
- *THURSDAY, JAN. 16 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST)
- Ken Jennings became a household name during his record 74-game winning streak, the longest in Jeopardy history. His winnings total $3,370,700.
- Brad Rutter is the highest money winner of all time across any television game show, with total Jeopardy winnings of $4,688,436. He has never lost Jeopardy to a human opponent.
- James Holzhauer holds the record for all 15 of the top single-day winnings records on Jeopardy, and just won the 2019 Tournament of Champions. His winnings total $2,712,216.
What They’re Saying:
- Alex Trebek: “Based on their previous performances, these three are already the ‘greatest,’ but you can’t help wondering: who is the best of the best?”
- Karey Burke, President, ABC Entertainment: “I am always so blown away by the incredibly talented and legendary Alex Trebek who has entertained, rallied and championed the masses for generations—and the world class Jeopardy team who truly are ‘the greatest of all time.’ This timeless and extraordinary format is the gift that keeps on giving and winning the hearts of America every week. We can’t wait to deliver this epic and fiercely competitive showdown—with these unprecedented contestants—to ABC viewers and loyal fans everywhere.”
- Mike Hopkins, Chairman, Sony Pictures Television: “We’re excited to bring Jeopardy to primetime! It’s been a long time in the making – we wanted to create a unique experience sure to wow not just our fans, but all audiences. We are thrilled to have James, Brad and Ken, three powerhouse players each worthy of the title ‘The Greatest of All Time.’ With Alex hosting this is truly going to be something special. I can’t wait to see who comes out on top!”