As Disney’s Riviera Resort prepares to welcome its first guests next month, the Disney Parks Blog shared a first look at the new Cast Member costumes designed for the hotel.
- The latest hotel property to join Walt Disney World is Disney’s Riviera Resort and on December 16, it will open its doors to guests.
- Today, Disney is sharing a first look at the new costumes that Cast Members will be wearing throughout the Resort.
- Inspired by the European Riviera, this resort celebrates design and style, and the costumes are no exception.
- According to the Disney Parks Blog, Walt Disney Imagineering partnered with Costuming to create a fashion-forward collection that captures the essence of Disney’s Riviera Resort.
- To reveal the new costumes to cast members, Disney hosted a special runway-style fashion show at the resort
- When creating these new looks, Disney designers drew inspiration from:
- Landscapes and colors of the Riviera
- Hollywood stars
- Artists and creators
- Walt Disney
- These stylish and sophisticated ensembles add a contemporary feel reminiscent of today’s Mediterranean Riviera and feature:
- Brilliant color palette of Mediterranean blues and whites
- Bright pops of color
- Clean silhouettes
- Modern tailoring and attention to layers of details including crisp piping
- Art inspired accents and themed accessories
- In addition to traditional looks, select roles will have the option to choose from the “mix and match” collection of pieces. These Cast Members can restyle their look for individual flexibility and differentiation.