Disney’s Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is coming to Digital home release on December 31, 2019 and Blu-ray and DVD on January 14, 2020.
- Ring in the New Year with Disney’s most iconic villain: Maleficent: Mistress of Evil releases on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere on December 31, and physically on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on January 14, 2020.
- The thrilling sequel to 2014’s Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie as Maleficent and Elle Fanning as her goddaughter Aurora, arrives home with brand-new bonus features, extended scenes, outtakes and an exclusive extra for Digital consumers:
- Bonus features take viewers behind-the-scenes with the all-star cast to explore the making of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.
- Extended scenes reveal how Queen Ingrith (Michelle Pfeiffer) manipulates Aurora into questioning Maleficent and accelerating her wedding plans.
- Featurettes include interviews with Jolie, who discusses Maleficent’s origins and the cast who portray the Fey, and Fanning, who gushes over Aurora’s fairytale wedding. Filmmakers showcase the visual effects behind the film’s stunning landscapes and the seemingly effortless flight of the Fey.
- Additional extras include “You Can’t Stop The Girl”, a music video performed by Bebe Rexha
- Hilarious outtakes, ranging from uncooperative cats to uncontrollable giggles on set
Bring the story home:
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil will be packaged and released in several different formats, ensuring each member of your family can enjoy it on a variety of different devices.
- The film is available for preorder from multiple retailers including:
- Viewers can watch the film in:
- A Digital bundle with both Maleficent and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is also available
Bonus features include*:
- Lickspittle – Fantasy-film veteran Warwick Davis considers how every aspect of the film's design inspired his tragic character.
Blu-ray & Digital Bonus:
- Extended Scenes
- The Queen Comforts Aurora – Queen Ingrith takes advantage of Aurora’s fragile state to gain her confidence and accelerate the wedding plans.
- Philip and Aurora Dance – Aurora struggles to gain Queen Ingrith’s approval when she realizes how she is viewed among aristocracy.
- Origins of the Fey – Angelina Jolie discusses Maleficent’s lore, her newly discovered origins, and the diversity of the cast who portray the Fey.
- Aurora’s Wedding – Elle Fanning gushes over Aurora’s fairytale wedding; plus, hear from some special guests as they give their best to the bride and groom.
- If You Had Wings – Get a glimpse of the elaborate visual effects that allow the Fey to take to the skies.
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil VFX Reel – Discover how a perfect blend of practical and visual effects were used to create the stunning landscapes in Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.
- Outtakes – Uncooperative cats, a serious case of the giggles and even the floss dance found their way into Ulstead.
- “You Can’t Stop The Girl” – Music video performed by Bebe Rexha
About the movie:
- Directed by Joachim Rønning, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil carries on the story of Disney's most iconic villain.
- “The years have been kind to Maleficent and Aurora. Their relationship, born of heartbreak, revenge and ultimately love, has flourished. Yet hatred between man and the fairies still exists. Aurora's impending marriage to Prince Philip is cause for celebration as the wedding serves to unite the Kingdom of Ulstead and the neighboring Moors. But, when an unexpected encounter introduces a powerful new alliance, Maleficent and Aurora are pulled apart to opposing sides in a Great War, testing their loyalties and causing them to question whether they can truly be a family.”