- Disney fans got a new look at the live-action remake of Mulan today when the first official trailer (seen above) dropped on YouTube.
- Yesterday Disney also revealed a new poster for the film:
- Mulan is slated to arrive in theaters on March 27, 2020.
- When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the Imperial Army to defend the country from Northern invaders, Hua Mulan, the eldest daughter of an honored warrior, steps in to take the place of her ailing father. Masquerading as a man, Hua Jun, she is tested every step of the way and must harness her inner-strength and embrace her true potential. It is an epic journey that will transform her into an honored warrior and earn her the respect of a grateful nation…and a proud father. The film is directed by Niki Caro from a screenplay by Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver and Elizabeth Martin & Lauren Hynek based on the narrative poem “The Ballad of Mulan.”
Mulan features a celebrated international cast that includes:
- Yifei Liu as Mulan
- Donnie Yen as Commander Tung
- Jason Scott Lee as Böri Khan
- Yoson An as Cheng Honghui
- Gong Li as Xianniang
- Jet Li as the Emperor
- Back in July, during the FIFA Women’s World Cup Finals, Disney shared the first teaser for the film, giving fans a glimpse of the beloved heroine in action.