Drury Hotels Company has announced that they are building a new property in the Disney Springs Resort Area at Walt Disney World. The project was announced today and Drury plans to have the hotel open in spring 2021.
- Drury Hotels Company is bringing a bit of magic to its guests.
- The company is developing its largest property to date, the Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista, and will begin to welcome guests by spring 2021.
- The new property, located in the Disney Springs Resort Area in Orlando, Florida, is the company's first Official Walt Disney World Hotel and the fourth Drury Hotel in the state.
- The entire project – which includes 604 rooms and more than 12,000 square feet of meeting space – will be complete by the end of 2021, with the first 264 rooms available by spring 2021.
- The new hotel will feature a host of amenities and is in close proximity to the Walt Disney World Theme Parks.
About the Drury hotel:
- The new property is located just steps away from Disney Springs is a walkable, 120-acre outdoor complex outside of the theme parks featuring an eclectic mix of unique boutiques, one-of-a-kind eateries and entertainment.
- The hotel will be able to be booked as part of a Walt Disney World Resort vacation package.
- Drury also will offer transportation to and from the theme parks, as well as to other surrounding attractions.
- The hotel will feature:
- A resort-style pool and splash pad
- Poolside cantina bar and grill
- An extensive marketplace for grab-and-go food items and sundries
- A kitchen and bar concept
- Wide range of complimentary amenities, including:
- Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Hot breakfast, including pancakes, biscuits and gravy, eggs, yogurt and more
- 5:30 Kickback reception including appetizers and beverages
- 24-hour business and fitness centers
- Outside of the hotel, guests will be able to enjoy exciting new additions to the Walt Disney World Resort
Managing Team and Employees:
- Mike Weihs, a 19-year veteran in the hotel and hospitality industry, has been named the property's general manager. Drury team member Melissa Linkugel will serve as the hotel director of sales.
- Once open, the hotel will employ 150 full- and part-time team members.
What they’re saying:
- Chuck Drury, president and CEO of Drury Hotels: "This property has been a long time in the making, and we are delighted to see it take shape. We'll be able to give our guests an unforgettable experience as they visit the Walt Disney World Resort and everything the colorful community has to offer. Being named an official Walt Disney World Hotel means we have been entrusted to adhere to exceptional service standards. Given our track record of providing award-winning guest service, I know our top-notch team will make our new property a magical experience for our guests and visitors."
About Drury Hotels Company:
- Drury Hotels Company is a Missouri-based, family-owned and operated hotel system with more than 150 hotels in 25 states.
- Founded in 1973, Drury Hotels has been recognized by the J.D. Power 2019 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Studysm, earning the award for "Highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Midscale Hotel Chains."
- Brands include:
- Drury Inn & Suites
- Drury Inn
- Drury Plaza Hotel
- Drury Suites
- Pear Tree Inn by Drury
- Other hotels in the mid-priced hotel segment
- Drury Hotels continues to provide exceptional value for business and leisure travelers with its many free amenities – Travel Happy.
- For more information, visit www.druryhotels.com or call 1-800-DRURYINN.
- For information about career opportunities at Drury Hotels, please apply online at www.drurycareers.com.