The cast of Hulu’s tentpole limited series Nine Perfect Strangers is coming together. Melissa McCarthy has joined Nicole Kidman in the coming series, according to Deadline.
- Not only will McCarthy star alongside Kidman, but she will also serve as executive producer.
- David E. Kelley and John Henry Butterworth will serve as co-showrunners and Samantha Strauss joins as a co-writer.
- Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning actress and producer Nicole Kidman and Emmy Award-winning producer Bruna Papandrea will adapt the latest book by New York Times best-selling author Liane Moriarty, Nine Perfect Strangers.
- Nine Perfect Strangers was an instant hit that spent 13 weeks on The New York Times Best Seller list.
- The series takes place at a boutique health-and-wellness resort that promises healing and transformation as nine stressed city dwellers try to get on a path to a better way of living.
- Watching over them during this ten-day retreat is the resort’s director Masha (played by Kidman), a woman on a mission to reinvigorate their tired minds and bodies.
- However, these nine “perfect” strangers have no idea what is about to hit them.
- McCarthy is known for her Emmy-winning starring role in the CBS comedy Mike & Molly, as well as several roles in films including Can You Ever Forgive Me?, which earned her an Academy Award nomination.