During today’s Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, Freeform announced they’ve ordered the drama Last Summer to series.
- Following last year’s announcement of a pilot order, Freeform has picked up drama Last Summer to series.
- The show hails from Entertainment One (eOne) and executive producers Bert V. Royal (Easy A, Recovery Road), with Iron Ocean Productions’ Jessica Biel and Michelle Purple (The Sinner, Limetown).
- The pilot is executive produced and directed by Max Winkler (Jungleland, Flower).
About the series:
- “Last Summer is an unconventional thriller that takes place over three summers—‘93, ‘94, ‘95—in a small Texas town when a beautiful and popular teen, Kate, goes missing and, seemingly unrelated, a girl, Jeanette, goes from being a sweet and awkward outlier to the most popular girl in town and, by ’95, the most despised person in America.”
- Each episode is told from the POV of one of the two main girls (Jeanette and Kate), which will have the viewers loyalties constantly shifting as more information is revealed.
The series stars:
- Chiara Aurelia (Tell Me Your Secrets)
- Mika Abdalla (Project Mc2)
- Michael Landes (The Liberator)
- Froy Gutierrez (Teen Wolf)
- Harley Quinn Smith (Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood)
- Allius Barnes (Unbelievable)
- Blake Lee (Fam)
- Nathaniel Ashton (Mr. Mercedes)
- Brooklyn Sudano (Taken)
What they’re saying:
- Tom Ascheim, president, Freeform: “Freeform is a megaphone for stories that deserve to be told and a place where the world’s biggest and most influential audience comes for provocative narratives and boundary-pushing storytelling. We are proud to be home to bold, deliciously entertaining original content that continues to reflect the lives of our discerning, vocal and passionate viewers.”