Leave it to the cast of Jungle Cruise to tease fans with playful banter among the film’s co-stars as audiences wait eagerly for a new trailer and poster. Actors Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson jokingly released the “real” posters featuring themselves on Twitter ahead of today’s second trailer premiere.
- Is it summer movie season yet? This morning, Walt Disney Studios shared the second trailer for their upcoming movie Jungle Cruise.
- Inspired by the Disney Parks attraction of the same name, this original live-action feature stars Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson.
- Following yesterday’s silly movie poster reveal (see below), Disney debuted the official second poster along with the trailer. Take a look:
- The stars of the upcoming movie, Jungle Cruise, took to Twitter earlier today to playfully reveal “the real” posters for the upcoming film.
- The posters feature larger than life imagery of Emily Blunt covering Dwayne Johnson’s face and the other sporting Dwayne Johnson with Emily Blunt’s face covered by the torch he’s carrying in the picture.
- In the fun reveal, it was announced that the real poster will be released tomorrow, along with the new trailer for the film.
- “Jungle Cruise is a rollicking thrill-ride down the Amazon with wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff and intrepid researcher Dr. Lily Houghton. Lily travels from London, England to the Amazon jungle and enlists Frank’s questionable services to guide her downriver on La Quila—his ramshackle-but-charming boat. Lily is determined to uncover an ancient tree with unparalleled healing abilities—possessing the power to change the future of medicine. Thrust on this epic quest together, the unlikely duo encounters innumerable dangers and supernatural forces, all lurking in the deceptive beauty of the lush rainforest. But as the secrets of the lost tree unfold, the stakes reach even higher for Lily and Frank and their fate—and mankind’s—hangs in the balance.”
About the movie:
- Inspired by the famous Disneyland theme park ride, Disney’s Jungle Cruise is an adventure-filled, Amazon-jungle expedition.
- The movie stars:
- Dwayne Johnson as the charismatic riverboat captain
- Emily Blunt as a determined explorer on a research mission
- Edgar Ramirez
- Jack Whitehall
- Jesse Plemons
- Paul Giamatti
- Creative team:
- Directed by:
- Jaume Collet-Serra
- Produced by:
- John Davis
- John Fox
- Dwayne Johnson
- Hiram Garcia
- Dany Garcia
- Beau Flynn
- Executive produced by:
- Doug Merrifield
- Directed by:
- Jungle Cruise arrives in theaters on July 24th.