This May, for the first time ever, Star Wars fans will be able to stream the complete Skywalker saga all in one place as Disney+ welcomes Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker two months early on May the 4th.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- The final chapter of the Skywalker saga, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, is coming to Disney+ two months early in honor of May the 4th aka Star Wars Day.
- In the Netherlands, the movie will launch on Disney+ on May 5 due to the Memorial Day holiday.
- To make Star Wars Day 2020 even more special, fans will be able to enjoy Disney+’s galactic line-up which includes:
- In addition to new content offerings, Disney+ will also honor the artistry of Star Wars with a week-long concept art takeover on the service.
Disney+ Star Wars Concept Art Takeover:
- Disney+ will commemorate over forty years of a galaxy far, far away with these concept art galleries.
- Each film and series’ artwork will be updated on May 4th to feature its original concept paintings.
- From Star Wars: A New Hope to The Mandalorian, the updated art will feature work from celebrated artists such as Ralph McQuarrie and Doug Chiang.
- On the Disney+ home screen, the animated “Star Wars” brand tile gets upgraded with a new animation that honors the signature hyperspace jump.