In honor of the Disney+ premiere of Howard, D23 is inviting fans to tune in for a video edition of the Inside Disney podcast. This Thursday, the D23 hosts will speak with the film’s director, celebrated Disney Legends, and Howard Ashman’s family.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- D23 is hosting a special video edition of the D23 Inside Disney podcast, celebrating Don Hahn’s documentary film Howard, now streaming on Disney+.
- The film tells the story of lyricist—and Disney Legend—Howard Ashman, who penned for Disney the unforgettable lyrics to songs from The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin.
- D23 Inside Disney Celebrates the Magic and Music of Howard Ashman will premiere on Thursday, August 27, 7pm ET/4pm PT.
- Fans can watch the program via:
Guests for this special episode Include:
- Disney Legend and songwriter, Alan Menken
- Disney Legend and the voice of Ariel, Jodi Benson
- Disney Legend and the voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara
- Howard Ashman’s sister, Sarah Gillespie
- Howard Ashman’s partner, Bill Lauch
- Howard director and legendary producer, Don Hahn
About the Film – Howard
- “Directed by Don Hahn (Beauty and the Beast), Howard is the untold story of Howard Ashman, the brilliant lyricist behind Disney classics like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Little Mermaid. and creator of musicals including Little Shop of Horrors. Featuring never-before-seen archival footage, personal films and photographs, as well as interviews with Howard’s friends and family, the film is an intimate look at the Disney Legend’s life, his creative drive, and the process behind the music. Spanning his childhood in Baltimore to his formative years in New York, Howard is an in-depth look at his journey to become the lyricist behind some of the most-beloved and well-known classic family films in the world.”
More About Howard:
- Don Hahn recently shared an in depth look at the history of making the film as well as the man who inspired the documentary. Check out Alex’s comprehensive recap of the virtual press conference.
- Alex reviewed Howard for Laughing Place and explained how the movie impacted him and the role Ashman’s music had on growing his love for Disney films.