- Earlier this week, Disney announced that around 28,000 employees would be laid off through the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products division.
- According to The OC Register, the layoffs at the Disneyland Resort are expected to total around 5,000 and at Walt Disney Imagineering in Glendale, another 400.
- The rest of the 28,000 would come from Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Planning, plus retail and publishing divisions.
- 2,765 non-union Cast Members, salaried, and executives are reportedly being laid off in California, based on Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act filings and more could follow.
- Union layoffs are expected to be effective on November 1st with most unions still in the process of setting up meetings with Disney.
- Unions are currently assessing the layoff impacts on their members, which make up a majority of the Cast Members at the Disneyland Resort.
Layoff Projections So Far:
- 2,500 food and beverage Cast Members are expected to be laid off, according to Workers United Local 50, which represents nearly 8,000 Cast Members in that line of business.
- Nearly 1,000 Cast Members from Unite Here Local 11 are expected to be let go out of 3,000, most of them working in hotels.
- This is still an ongoing developing story and more information will be revealed as Disney makes final decisions.