This morning, Searchlight Pictures released the official trailer for NOMADLAND starring Frances McDormand as Fern. The story follows Fern after the economic collapse of a town in Nevada during the Great Recession, venturing off with her van into the American West as a modern-day nomad. The film is scheduled to be released in February 2021.
- NOMADLAND is directed by Chloé Zhao, inspired by the non-fiction book Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century by Jessica Bruder (2017).
- “The film features real nomads Linda May, Swankie, and Bob Wells as Fern’s mentors and comrades in her exploration through the vast landscape of the American West.”
- The film received nominations for Best Feature and Best Actress – Frances McDormand at the Gotham Awards last month and was the People’s Choice Award winner at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.
- Disney Trivia: Frances McDormand voiced Momma in Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur (2015).
What They’re Saying:
- Director Chloé Zhao: “The American road fascinates me. It’s heartbreakingly beautiful and deeply complicated. I’ve traveled it for many years and always hoped to capture a glimpse of it. I’m thankful to be able to make NOMADLAND and excited for audiences to join Fern on her adventure.”
You can catch NOMADLAND in theaters, coming February 2021.