- The new cookie and coffee location at Disney Springs, Gideon’s Bakehouse, is temporarily closing tonight after soft opening December 23rd.
- The location never announced an official opening date other than a vague 2021, although information on their official website simply lists the location as “Open 365 days a year,” so it’s presumed that the closure was unexpected.
- A soft opening is a test and adjustment period for an opening team to refine their operation in preparation for a grand opening. There is typically not a gap between a soft opening and a grand opening.
- Gideon’s Bakehouse has been a big hit since soft opening with virtual queues to try their nearly half-pound cookies and iced coffee treats.
- Comments on the company’s facebook page reflect a consistent theme of hoping the closure is short so Guests can resume enjoying their confections.