Guests visiting Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort can now take pictures in front of a mural inspired by Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon, painted by Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen, who was born and raised in Malaysia.
- Raya and the Last Dragon is now playing in theaters and on Disney+ through Premier Access.
- To celebrate, Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen has painted a mural featuring characters from the film at Downtown Disney.
- Born in Malaysia, Xiao Qing Chen’s approach to the piece was to showcase the unique qualities of each character and how they came together to celebrate their differences.
- Fans of the piece can also stop by WonderGround Gallery where deluxe prints and Art on Demand options are available for purchase.
- As an Imagineer, Xiao Qing Chen has contributed to projects at Disneyland (Incredicoaster), Hong Kong Disneyland (Castle of Magical Dreams), and the upcoming Fantasy Springs project for Tokyo DisneySea and the Journey of Water pavilion at EPCOT.
- Disney Parks Blog published a Q&A with the artist today. Click here to read it.
- Disney fans can also see Xiao Qing Chen in an episode of Imagine from Home.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disneyland Resort travel planning