Talk about being in the right place at the right time. For one Twitter user, she was in that exact situation when she looked out her window and saw some of the fountains of EPCOT’s upcoming show, Harmonious, being tested.
- Twitter user Brooke Geiger McDonald was able to capture some footage in the early morning hours of the fountains on the center ring and barges of EPCOT’s upcoming nighttime spectacular, Harmonious, being tested.
- The fountains shoot high into the sky, and as you can tell from this footage, can be seen from distant locations.
- The footage appears to be filmed from the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel, looking over Disney’s Boardwalk and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort, into World Showcase lagoon where the water is shooting over 100 feet into the sky.
- At this time, it is unclear if the fountain testing was for the actual Harmonious show which will take place at night, or the fountain program that will run during the day hours, hiding the show’s infrastructure and adding a kinetic showpiece to the center of the lagoon.
- Late last month, the center ring of the show, standing over six stories tall, was floated into place and took it’s permanent residence in the center of the lagoon between two additional wedges that were already installed. Even after all that, there are still two additional wedge barges to be installed before the bulk of the show equipment installation is complete.
- When the show debuts, Harmonious will be one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney Park. The show will be a beautifully crafted dreamscape of Disney music and images, reimagined by diverse cultural musicians and artists from around the world. Harmonious is said to be a transformative experience, where EPCOT guests can discover how Disney music has the power to inspire and unite us all with the magic of possibility.
- Disney has not released an official opening date for the new show.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning