It has been reported that Hulu has picked up the U.S. rights to the drama series Rūrangi.
- Deadline has reported that Hulu has picked up the U.S. rights to the series Rūrangi.
- The series follows transgender activist Caz Davis who returns to his community hoping to reconnect with his father who hasn’t heard from him since Caz’s transition.
- The series has been cut as a film and is currently on a theatrical release in New Zealand. The rights Hulu has received will be for the series version, with the second season currently in development.
- Rūrangi is directed by Max Currie with writer/co-producer Cole Meyers, and writer/co-creator Oliver Page.
- “After skipping town a decade ago, transgender activist Caz Davis returns to the remote, politically divided dairy community of Rūrangi, hoping to reconnect with his estranged father, who hasn’t heard from him since before Caz transitioned.”
- Elz Carrad as Caz Davis
- Arlo Green as Jem
- Awhina-Rose Ashby as Anahera
- Kirk Torrance as Gerald Davis
- Aroha Rawson as Whina
- Renee Sheridan as Agnes
- Ross Harper as Harry
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now