Hulu has picked up the rights to the film Mother/Android starring Chloë Grace Moretz.
- Hulu has picked up the U.S. rights to the science-fiction thriller Mother/Android.
- Mother/Android is written and directed by Mattson Tomlin who is also a writer on the upcoming 2022 film The Batman starring Robert Pattinson in the lead role.
- The film is produced by Matt Reeves through his 6th & Idaho production company with Adam Kassan, Rafi Crohn along with Miramax’s Bill Block, and Charles Miller.
- “Set in the near future, Mother/Android follows Georgia (Chloë Grace Moretz) and her boyfriend Sam (Algee Smith) through their treacherous journey of escape as their country is caught in an unexpected war with artificial intelligence. Days away from the arrival of their first child, they must face No Man’s Land – a stronghold of the android uprising, in hopes of reaching safety before giving birth.”
What They’re Saying:
- Mattson Tomlin, Writer/Director: “This film is a labor of love and I couldn’t be happier that in these extremely strange times, Mother/Android will be handled by a partner who truly cares. I feel extremely lucky to have Hulu bringing the film to audiences later this year.”
- Matt Reeves, Producer: “Mattson’s directorial debut is an intimate sci-fi film that is both beautiful and extremely personal, with a powerful, soulful performance from Chloë Moretz. I am incredibly excited that Hulu will be sharing Mother/Android with audiences.”
- Chloë Grace Moretz as Georgia
- Algee Smith as Sam
- Raúl Castillo as Arthur
- Oscar Wahlberg as Derrick
- Owen Burke as Officer Norton
- Kiara Pichardo as Lisa
- Jared Reinfeldt as Connor
- Tamara Hickey as Mrs. Olsen
- Kate Avallone as Dr. Howe
Mother/Android will premiere on Hulu in 2021.