Happy Sunday! Disney has just released a new teaser trailer for their upcoming film, Cruella.
- Disney surprise dropped a brand new look at the movie Cruella, coming to theaters this May.
- In the trailer, Cruella, played by Emma Stone, is shown going through a variety of jobs while designing on her off time. She meets up with Emma Thompson which seems to turn into a scene that could have come out of a Batman movie, with Cruella written all over a building, similar to what you might see from the Joker.
- Cruella dives into the rebellious early days of one of the most notorious—and notoriously fashionable— villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil. Set against the backdrop of 1970s punk-rock London, and director Craig Gillespie delivers a unique take on this one-of-a-kind villain.
- Aside from Emma Stone as Cruella, the film also stars Emma Thompson (Baroness von Hellman), Paul Walter Hauser (Horace), and Joel Fry (Jasper).
- “Cruella, which is set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute, played by Emma Thompson. But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable, and revenge-bent Cruella.”
The first trailer released back in February can be watched below:
Cruella is currently set to release on May 28, 2021.