Shanghai Disney Resort has announced its 5th-anniversary celebration, “Year of Magical Surprises,” will start on April 8.
- Shanghai Disney Resort will launch the “Year of Magical Surprises” to celebrate their 5th anniversary starting on April 8, 2021.
- The resort first opened on June 16, 2016.
- The celebration will of course include limited-edition merchandise with over 200 new items and new food and beverage offerings.
- New music will also debut with all-new compositions, to fresh takes on Disney classics.
- Mickey, Minnie, and other Disney characters will have new outfits custom-made for the 5th anniversary.
- Cast Members will receive new 5th anniversary nametags.
Contest on Shanghai Disney App:
- Starting April 8, Guests can enter drawings for special prizes using the Shanghai Disney Resort App with a new “Tap for a Magical Surprise” button after entering the park.
- Prizes will include digital autographs from Disney characters, vouchers for dining and merchandise, priority access to attractions, and reserved viewing areas for entertainment.
Surprise Squad in the Park:
- A Cast Member Surprise Squad will appear at different times throughout the park with surprises for Guests including souvenirs or the opportunity to be invited to a special Disney “Surprise” Show performed four times a day in Tomorrowland.
- Guests invited to the show will be able to spin the “Disney Surprise Wheel” to win prizes such as a 37-inch StellaLou plush, dining at the Royal Banquet Hall, hotel stays, park tickets, Annual Passes, and more!
- On select days, a grand prize “Magical Star of the Day” may be presented to a Guest at the show who’ll be allowed with their party (up to four) to enjoy exclusive offerings at Mickey’s Magical Star Lounge located at the park’s Club 33.
New Entertainment Experiences:
- Starting April 8, ILLUMINATE! A Nighttime Celebration will debut as an all-new nighttime show with projections on the Enchanted Storybook Castle.
- Mickey’s Storybook Express parade will have a new 5th-anniversary pre-parade featuring the Disney Surprise Cake Float for the 5th anniversary. The parade itself will also have a new birthday overlay with each float featuring hidden 5th birthday elements for Guests to spot.
What They’re Saying:
- Joe Schott, President and General Manager, Shanghai Disney Resort: “We are so humbled to have been welcomed with such passion, enthusiasm and love from tens of millions of guests during our first five years. Our success would not have been possible without the incredible support of all of our partners, the local government, community friends, guests and fans, as well as our amazing Cast Members. With our upcoming 5th Birthday Celebrations, we look forward to delivering a range of magical experiences that our guests will love, with surprises waiting around every corner!”