One of the highly anticipated Star Wars projects announced by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy last fall during the momentous Disney Investor Day is the upcoming animated series Star Wars: Visions, which will celebrate Star Wars through the lens of ten different anime creators.
Today Del Rey publishing announced a new book inspired by that series entitled Star Wars: Visions – Ronin: An Original Novel.
- Del Rey publishing has announced a new book entitled Star Wars: Visions – Ronin: An Original Novel, set to be released on October 12.
- The novel is inspired by Star Wars: Visions, an upcoming Disney+ animated series from Lucasfilm which will consist of “animated short films celebrating Star Wars through the lens of the world’s best anime creators. The anthology collection will bring 10 fantastic visions from several of the leading Japanese anime studios, offering a fresh and diverse cultural perspective to Star Wars.”
- Star Wars: Visions – Ronin will see new author Emma Mieko Candon telling an expanded story inspired by one of the above-mentioned shorts, with Del Rey making it clear this is not a novelization but an original tale.
What they’re saying:
- Del Rey: “This year, Star Wars Visions will bring all-new, creative takes on Star Wars from the world’s best anime creators. Coming Oct 12th, an original novel inspired by one of those animated tales. A Star Wars book quite unlike any before it. RONIN By Emma Mieko Candon.”
- “Just to be clear. This is not a novelization. This is an original novel. And to tell it, we’re so thrilled to have a vibrant new voice in Emma Mieko Candon joining the Star Wars author family. We can’t wait to share more of Emma’s story with you soon!”
Star Wars: Visions – Ronin: An Original Novel is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, October 12 from Del Rey.