- Mark your calendars for April 3rd, the day Riptide Race opens at Aquatica in Orlando.
- This brand-new slide is the first and only dueling racer in Florida where teams race against each other to a splashy finish line.
- Riptide Race is also the world’s tallest dueling racer water slide, starting at 68-feet above ground.
- The length of the slide measures 650-feet and the attraction uses low walls so riders can keep an eye on the pace of their opponents.
- The slide uses 2-person rafts so a party of 4 could all race each other.
- Riptide Race was designed with families in mind and there is a height requirement of 42 inches.
- Thrills of the attraction include high-speed tunnels, twists and turns.
What They’re Saying:
- Kyle Miller, Park President: “We are thrilled to introduce Riptide Race, an experience you won’t find anywhere else in Florida. Aquatica is the first waterpark in the state to have a dueling racer and we know our guests are going to love the fun of challenging their friends and family in a race to the finish. Riptide Race is the perfect addition to our attraction portfolio, complementing what is already one of the most family-friendly waterslide lineups in Orlando. Health and safety continue to be a top priority for our parks, and we can’t wait to see our guests enjoy this new ride.”
New Dining Options Coming to Aquatica:
- In addition to Riptide Race opening April 3rd, guests visiting Aquatica can experience the following recent additions to the waterpark:
- Ke-Re’s Bar – A new open-air bar that offers cocktails with views of the waterpark and sports playing on flat-screen TVs.
- Papa’s Cantina – Serving up a variety of sweet and savory empanadas, boneless wings and refreshing drinks.