“Soul of a Nation” returns to ABC this Tuesday, March 30, with a new episode examining the role sports have played in America’s racial reckoning, hosted by Jemele Hill.
- ABC has announced the next episode of “Soul of a Nation” airing on Tuesday, March 30.
- The episode will focus on the role of activism in sports by Black athletes.
Tuesday on #SoulOfANation:
— Soul of a Nation (@SoulofaNation) March 25, 2021
- Hill will be joined by ABC News’ T.J. Holmes, Sunny Hostin, Kenneth Moton, and ESPN’s Michael Wilbon.
- Interviews include WNBA player Renee Montgomery, UCLA gymnasts Nia Dennis and Margzetta Frazier, decorated Olympian Dominique Dawes, and NBA players Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony.
- In the episode, athletes will discuss the risks they face when fighting for racial justice and the impact sports movies have in being used as a social statement about Black athletes.
- Emmy, Grammy, and Oscar award-winning rapper/actor Common will give viewers a first look at his upcoming album “A Beautiful Revolution Pt. 2” with a performance of “Get It Right.”
The new episode of Soul of a Nation premieres Tuesday, March 30 at 10:00 pm ET on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.