As with many events in 2021, the McDonald’s All American Games events have been reimagined into a virtual experience. This year ABC will broadcast the McDonald’s All American Games Special on April 3rd with programming to include conversations with athletes, special features and more.
- On Saturday, April 3, at 2 pm ET, ABC will air the 2021 McDonald’s All American Games Special which celebrates the elite boys and girls high school basketball players on the 2021 roster.
- The annual McDonald’s All American Games events and activities have been reimagined as a virtual celebration in 2021 due to COVID-19.
- The show will feature:
- Never-before-seen dunks and stories from this year’s esteemed class
- Conversations with the games’ famous alumni
- A look behind the curtain at the annual selection process.
- Alumni participating include:
- ESPN analysts Jalen Rose
- Paul Pierce
- Kendrick Perkins
- Chiney Ogwumike
- The Wootten Family: Morgan Wooten paved the way for the McDonald’s All American Games to recognize the best high school talent in the country. His son and daughter-in-law have carried on his legacy by overseeing the selection process for the Games after Wootten’s passing last year.
- From The Ronald McDonald House to McDonald’s All American: 7-ranked Jersey Wolfenbarger shares her connection to Ronald McDonald House Charities, and her journey from a preemie to a 6’5” McDonald’s All American.
- Journey to America: Nigerian native Aminu Mohammed shares the story of his and his older brother’s adventure to America to carve out a better future for themselves
- Basketball After Loss: After losing her mother, Jillian Hollingshead used basketball to handle her grief but the sport pushed Jillian beyond even her mother’s wildest dreams for her daughter.