Shanghai Disney Resort held a fashion show in front of Enchanted Storybook Castle before the start of Shanghai Fashion Week to show off the new looks of Mickey and his friends for the 5th anniversary of the resort which starts April 8. They also released some details on merchandise and food offerings.
- Shanghai Disney Resort has unveiled the 5th anniversary costumes for Mickey and Friends.
- The Mickey and Minnie’s attire features a color palette of ivory and champagne gold with pieces of moving art and hidden 5s throughout.
- Donald and Daisy will feature blue as an accent color.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale will have green party outfits.
- Pluto’s outfit will feature an orange color palette and Goofy will have a red color palette.
- Duffy and Friends will also have colored costumes for the 5th anniversary.
5th Anniversary Merchandise:
- To go along with the new outfits for all of the Disney characters, new merchandise will include the designs in plush, headwear, apparel, collectibles, home décor, pins, toys, and more.
- A special 5th anniversary edition of the Magic Passport will also be available.
5th Anniversary Food Offerings:
- A 5th anniversary Mickey Chocolate Cake will soon make its debut at Shanghai Disneyland. Designed by a young award-winning Pastry Chef De Partie at the resort.
- New Ice Cream is also coming including an Apple and Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream Sundae, a Frozen Pineapple and Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream Cone, and a Sea Salted Cheese and Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream Cone.
- During the summer, an ‘Olu Mel Apple Flavored Ice Cream Cone and a StellaLou Peach Flavored Ice Cream Cone will also be available for Guests.