ESPN has announced that Dick Vitale has signed a new extension with the network.
- Front Office Sports has reported that 81-year-old Dick Vitale has signed an extension with ESPN, which was confirmed by an ESPN PR announcement.
- The new deal will have Vitale on the network through the 2022-2023 season which would be his 44th year at the network.
- Vitale says he wants to keep announcing games but will be the first to call it quits once he can’t remember information or names. Right now he’s feeling better than ever thanks to his daily workout routine.
- You can catch Vitale as he calls the first semifinal (Houston vs Baylor) and championship game of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four for ESPN International.
What They’re Saying:
- Dick Vitale on the extension: “My 42 years at ESPN have brought me so many fantastic times. I am blessed with a profession that allows me to live out all of my dreams — talking about a game I love, and working with so many multi-talented people on and off camera. It’s awesome baby!”