Hulu has added to their cast list for their upcoming original film, a collaboration with American High, Sex Appeal.
- Emmy nominated comedian Margaret Cho (30 Rock, Law & Order SVU), Fortune Feimster (Yes Day, The Netflix Afterparty), Skai Jackson (Jessie), Rebecca Henderson (Russian Doll) and Paris Jackson (Gringo, Lee Daniels’ Star) have joined the cast of Hulu’s latest collaboration with American High, Sex Appeal. They join previously announced leads Mika Abdalla (Project Mc2) and Jake Short (All Night).
- Talia Osteen (The Shabbos Goy) is directing from a script by Tate Hanyok (Transparent, Superstore), who is also executive producing.
- Sex Appeal is set to follow Avery Hansen-White, who doesn’t do things she isn’t excellent at. So when her long-distance boyfriend hints at wanting to take their relationship to the next level at the upcoming STEM conference (“nerd prom”), she sets out to master her sexuality. In this hilarious teen comedy, Avery begins to study the mechanics of love and realizes that relationships require less science and more heart.
- Sex Appeal is the fifth Hulu Original film from American High following Big Time Adolescence, The Binge, The Ultimate Playlist of Noise, and the upcoming Plan B which is set to be released this summer.
- American High is an innovative production company specializing in provocative teen comedies. The company was founded in the fall of 2017 by writer, director and producer Jeremy Garelick (The Binge, The Wedding Ringer, The Break-Up) and producer Mickey Liddell’s LD Entertainment. After acquiring an abandoned high school in Syracuse, NY, the company began operating a groundbreaking full-service production hub consisting of authentic film sets, soundstages, editing suites and a non-profit local film academy. By embracing the unfiltered reality of high school, the company’s mission is to do for this generation what John Hughes did for the audiences of the 1980’s – tell modern stories of eclectic characters from diverse backgrounds as they navigate the most formative (and often most hilarious) years of their lives.
- Since 2017, American High has shot seven films including Big Time Adolescence which debuted at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival and is now streaming on Hulu; Banana Split starring Hannah Marks, Liana Liberato and Dylan Sprouse; The Binge, which Garelick directed and stars Skyler Gisondo, Dexter Darden, Eduardo Franco and Vince Vaughn; Looks That Kill starring Brandon Flynn; Josh Friedlander’s Holly Slept Over, The Ultimate Playlist of Noise starring Madeline Brewer and Keean Johnson; and Natalie Morales’ solo feature directorial debut, Plan B. In addition to producing multiple films per year, the company aims to finance and acquire a number of third-party films that align with the mission of the American High brand.