20/20 is set to report on Danny Rolling, whose reign of terror left five Florida college students dead over four days, with the special report containing the first interviews with the woman whose police tip led to the killer’s capture.
- College students’ excitement to begin a new school year in Gainesville, Florida quickly turned to terror when five students were horrifically murdered within days of each other.
- Now, over 30 years after the Gainesville student murders dominated headlines, a new two-hour 20/20 features an exclusive interview with Cindy Dobbin. She opens up about her tip to authorities that led them to serial killer Danny Rolling, responsible for at least eight murders including the Gainesville crimes and a triple homicide in Shreveport, Louisiana. Dobbin reveals how a call to Crime Stoppers cracked open the case, why she suspected Rolling and how she was certain he was also responsible for the then-unsolved Shreveport murders.
- 20/20 features the first interview with Scott Grissom, whose father, sister and son were victims of Rolling in Shreveport. Grissom reflects on losing his relatives and the pain he still feels over 30 years later. 20/20 also has interviews with family members of the Gainesville victims and authorities who worked on the case.
- 20/20 airs on Friday, April 9 (9:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET) on ABC.
- ABC News’ 20/20 is an award-winning primetime program anchored by David Muir and Amy Robach. A proven leader in the long-form newsmagazine for over 40 years, 20/20 features hard-hitting investigative reports, in-depth coverage of high profile trials, unforgettable, character-driven stories and exclusive newsmaker interviews. 20/20 airs Fridays from 9:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET on ABC and is available to stream on ABC News digital platforms and Hulu.