ABC has ordered a new series that shows the lighter side of wildlife, with the working title When Nature Calls, the follows a popular format from the BBC.
- ABC has ordered a laugh-out-loud, one-hour unscripted comedy series which looks at the lighter side of the natural world. When Nature Calls (working title) will surprise and delight viewers with what comes out of the mouths of majestic beasts, teeny-tiny frogs, beatboxing badgers and more within captivating, beautiful footage from all over the world. This new perspective on absurd animal antics is easy on the eyes and hilarious to the ears.
- The show is based on a popular BBC program, Walk on the Wild Side, that featured dubbed voiceovers of wildlife and nature footage (the kind you’d see in National Geographic or DisneyNature films) by some popular UK Comedians.
- Ryan O’Dowd serves as the executive producer for BBC Studios and K.P. Anderson, exec producer of The Soup and Norm Macdonald Has A Show, will also exec produce When Nature Calls. The resume of the producers should also be a signal of the comedy style we can expect to see on the new program.
- We’ve included a clip (below) of the BBC show on which it is based to serve as an example of what we can likely expect to see on the new program, When Nature Calls.
- No premiere date for the new series has been released at this time.