The Marvel Mastercard program is ending on May 27th, 2021 with cardholders receiving an email from Synchrony Bank making them aware of the changes.
- Mastercard’s mightiest cardholders will soon lose their ability to charge items to their Marvel-themed credit cards.
- The Marvel Mastercard program, which started in 2016, is managed by Synchrony Bank.
- Cardholders were notified via email that the program will end on May 27th, 2021, which will also be the last day they can use their cards to make charges.
- The card was available in 6 designs featuring characters from Marvel Comics and their symbols.
- While the card may be going away, Synchrony Bank will still manage accounts with a balance until the card is paid off.
- This move presumably opens the door for Marvel themed cards to be added in the near future to the Chase Disney Visa program, which offers Star Wars designs in addition to Disney branded cards.