Disney+ has hired Britain’s Channel 4 commissioner Lee Mason to lead scripted content for EMEA.
- Variety has reported that Disney has hired Channel 4 commissioner Lee Mason to lead scripted content for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) for Disney+.
- He will oversee drama and comedy content for EMEA and commission adult-oriented content for Star.
- Mason will join this summer and report to Liam Keelan, VP of original content for Europe and Africa at Disney+.
- In January, it was reported that Disney+ had hired Channel 4’s Sean Doyle to head unscripted productions for Europe and Africa.
More Disney+ News:
- Lauren Kisilevsky, former vice president of original movies for Disney Channel, has been promoted to senior vice president, Original Movies, Disney Branded Television where she’ll be responsible for developing and overseeing production of a growing slate of movies for Disney Channel and Disney+.
- The Right Stuff, which told the story of America’s first astronauts, the Mercury 7, was canceled on Disney+ after one season.
- Marvel Studios released the trailer for the upcoming Disney+ series, Loki, coming to the service on June 11, 2021.