ESPN has announced primetime coverage of the 2021 WNBA Draft on Thursday, April 15 on ESPN and ESPN.com with a Twitter Spaces pre-draft special happening tonight, April 13 at 7:00 pm ET.
- Coverage of the WNBA Draft will be live on Thursday, April 15 at 7:00 pm ET on ESPN.
- Coverage will be hosted by Ryan Ruocco from ESPN’s Bristol, Connecticut studios along with basketball analysts Rebecca Lobo and LaChina Robinson, and reporter Holly Rowe.
- Tina Thompson, the number one overall pick when the WNBA held its first draft in 1997 will have a conversation with this year’s number one overall pick during the telecast.
- The draft this year will be held virtually with WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert announcing the picks from ESPN’s New York Seaport District Studios.
- To gear up for the event, espnW’s Around the Rim podcast will be hosting a Twitter Spaces pre-draft special on Tuesday, April 13 at 7:00 pm ET here.
Coverage from ESPN.com:
- Television coverage won’t be the only way to hear about what’s going on during the draft as ESPN.com will include a WNBA Draftcast giving live round-by-round coverage, analysis of the picks, and social reactions from the best posts on Twitter and Instagram.
- ESPN staff writer Mechelle Voepel will also be handing out grades for each team’s drafts once the rounds are over.
Coverage Leading to the Draft on ESPN.com:
- Mechelle Voepel’s WNBA final mock draft will continue to project all three rounds.
- ESPN staff writer Dave Wilson profiles projected No. 1 pick Charli Collier of Texas, who is atop the draft boards and believes she’s just scratching the surface.
- ESPN senior writer Kevin Pelton examines whether the time is right for the WNBA to consider changing its rules around allowing players to declare early for the draft.
- Additionally, The Undefeated’s Sean Hurd profiles 19-year-old Finnish star Awak Kuier, a 6-foot-4 forward playing in Italy who is expected to be a lottery pick.
Around the Rim Host Pre-Draft Twitter Spaces:
- espnW’s Around the Rim podcast will host a pre-draft Twitter Spaces on Tuesday, April 13 at 7:00 pm ET hosted by women’s basketball analyst LaChina Robinson and producer Terrika Foster-Brasby.
- The Twitter Spaces event will feature reporters, analysts and special guests breaking down the WNBA draft.
- You’ll be able to attend the space at the event time by clicking here.