The new Disney+ anthology series Just Beyond, has reportedly found its stars in McKenna Grace and Lexi Underwood, according to Deadline.
- The new Seth Grahame-Smith anthology series in the works for Disney+, Just Beyond, has reportedly found its stars in McKenna Grace and Lexi Underwood.
- Based on the bestselling graphic novels from R.L. Stine (Goosebumps), Just Beyond is an eight-episode anthology series for Disney+ that tells astonishing and thought-provoking stories of a reality just beyond the one we know. Each episode introduces viewers to a new cast of characters who must go on a surprising journey of self-discovery in a supernatural world of witches, aliens, ghosts and parallel universes.
- Grace and Underwood will lead their respective-stand-alone episode, both directed by Marc Webb.
- It was also reported that SNL alum Nasim Pedrad (New Girl, Aladdin (2019)) will guest star in the new series.
- Grace previously appeared in Captain Marvel, as well as the upcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and the Disney+ project, Crater. This is her second collaboration with Marc Webb, who previously directed her in Gifted.
- Underwood was previously in Hulu’s Little Fires Everywhere, alongside Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington, for which her performance of Pearl Warren in the series garnered her an NAACP Image Award. She is also set to star in the upcoming Disney+ film, Sneakerella.
- Just Beyond is created by Grahame-Smith, whose readers are already familiar with his unique brand of horror and comedy found in the bestselling novels:
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
- Additionally, Grahame-Smith has worked as a screenwriter Tim Burton's Dark Shadows, The Lego Batman Movie and The Saint.
- The series is expected to come to Disney+ in the fall of 2021.