- Earlier this year, Walt Disney World announced that Festival of the Lion King would resume performances at Disney’s Animal Kingdom this summer.
- Today, Jeff Vahle shared two photos and a video on Instagram showing the cast back to work inside rehearsing to resume the show.
- The previous announcement just said “Summer,” but the post gives a better timeline of “Mid-May” for the return of performances.
- The post also amends the show’s title to “A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King,” prompting speculation that the performances may be modified from the previous version of the show.
- Inspired by The Lion King, the show features songs from the film in addition to live singers, dancers, and acrobats to bring the story to life.