The Tokyo Disney Resort will be reducing capacity at both of its theme parks starting today in response to new government limits in response to a surge in cases of the Coronavirus in the area.
- In response to an increase in Coronavirus cases around Tokyo, the Oriental Land Company is reducing the capacity of both theme parks at the Tokyo Disney Resort starting today, according to The Japan Times.
- The restrictions decrease from 20,000 Guests allowed inside each park to just 5,000 Guests.
- This new capacity restriction will last until May 11th, the end of the Japanese government’s 22-day state of emergency for Chiba Prefecture, which encompases the Tokyo Disney Resort.
- As a result of the reduced capacity, Tokyo Disney Sea will reduce its operating day by 1-hour, now closing at 8:00 pm instead of 9:00 pm.
- The park only recently increased its capacity to 20,000 visitors at the start of April.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney travel planning