As we get closer to the debut of the film, we’re learning a little bit more about Estella’s transformation into the cinematic icon, Cruella De Vil, in Disney’s Cruella.
- Disney has given us another look at the upcoming film, Cruella, this one highlighting the tumultuous relationship between Estella (AKA Cruella) and Baroness Von Hellman, played by Emma Thompson.
- Academy Award winner Emma Stone (La La Land) stars in Disney’s Cruella, an all-new live-action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinemas most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil.
- Cruella, which is set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets. One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute, played by two-time Oscar winner Emma Thompson (Howards End, Sense & Sensibility). But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella.
- Two-time Oscar-winning costume designer Jenny Beavan (Mad Max: Fury Road, A Room with a View) creates the dazzling and imaginative costumes, which take on a life of their own.
- Cruella releases in theaters and on Disney+ Premier Access on Friday, May 28.