The Walt Disney World has released a statement to CBS local station News 6 WKMG-TV in Orlando about the Skyliner accident that occurred Thursday, April 22, at the Disney’s Hollywood Studios Skyliner station.
- Last night, it was reported that an accident had happened with Skyliner vehicles at the Disney’s Hollywood Studios Skyliner station by the Instagram account nextstopmainstreet.
- Video of the station accident was shared in Instagram Stories on Thursday, April 22.
- A witness told News 6 that it had appeared that one of the vehicles got caught on something, causing the accident to occur.
- A few hours later, the Skyliner was back up and running in normal operation.
- News 6 was told by the Walt Disney World Resort that the gondolas involved in the incident were empty and that no one was injured.
- This isn’t the first time the Skyliner has had an incident, the first being in October of 2019 when Guests became stranded for hours after gondolas collided in a station.