As the Disneyland Resort gets ready to reopen this week, Disney Park shared a look at the show building of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway which is currently under construction at Mickey’s Toontown
- Disney shared a look of the large building that will house Disneyland’s version of the attraction.
- The large building looms over Toontown including Mickey and Minnie’s houses.
- On the building is a sign with Mickey and Minnie that says, “What Big Building?”
- The sign is said to be “paid for by the Toontown Department of Implausible Deniability.”
- Supposedly the building will be hidden as construction continues.
- Disneyland’s version of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway will open in 2023.
About Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway:
- The attraction originally opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in March 2020.
- It is the first ride-through attraction that’s based on Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- The ride utilizes projection mapping, physical sets, and Audio Animatronics to create a living cartoon experience.
- Riders will hear sound effects that use devices and techniques developed by Disney Legend Jimmy Macdonald.
- Macdonald was also the voice of Mickey Mouse from 1947-1977! Now the character is voiced by Bret Iwan.
- At one point in the ride, the train passes 1401 Flower Shop which is in homage to Walt Disney Imagineering located on Flower Street.
- The original whistle from Steamboat Willie was used again to record the attraction’s train whistle.