Today’s the day that Disney fans around the globe have been looking forward to, the reopening of Disneyland Park. With it, comes the grand debut of a reimagining of a Fantasyland classic as it becomes Snow White’s Enchanted Wish.
- Not only did the gates of the Happiest Place on Earth, Disneyland Park, open today to the public for the first time in over a year, today is also the official debut of Snow White’s Enchanted Wish in Fantasyland.
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish is the reimagining of the opening day attraction, Snow White’s Scary Adventures, to make it (slightly) less scary and give Walt Disney’s original princess the happy ending she deserves.
- State-of-the-art audio and visual technology inside the attraction is enhanced with new music, LED black lighting, new laser projections and a new animation system.
- More than 50 new animal and figure sculpts have been added throughout the attraction.
- The newly named attraction blends fresh and familiar details, including new recordings in the queue voiced by the dwarfs Happy and Grumpy in English and Spanish, respectively.
- Boarding a mine cart, guests travel through some new scenes of this classic fairytale, beginning with the dwarfs’ cozy cottage. Snow White twirls and dances with Dopey and the scent of Doc’s handiwork – a baking apple pie – wafts through the air. Vibrant new shadow projections bring to life the dwarfs as they march happily off to work in the mine singing “Heigh Ho.” The dazzling mine scene sparkles with shimmering lighting effects and glittering jewels. Guests can be on the lookout for Doc examining a jewel, Grumpy hoisting a pick, and Dopey grinning from a jewel-filled mine cart.
- The den of the Evil Queen is surrounded by a library of spell books, a glowing cauldron and flasks bubbling with colorful potions, hints of how she concocted the poison apple. Fans of the original attraction who may have previously feared a heavily scaled back presence of the Evil Queen/Witch need not worry, as she is still prominently featured throughout, though not the arguable star of the show this time around.
- Snow White’s enchanted wish comes true at last as she is awakened from her deep sleep by love’s first kiss, from her Prince. She reunites with her animal friends and joyfully rides off with her Prince toward a golden castle for her “happily ever after.”
- The attraction’s brick façade is now painted in warmer pinks, lighter blues and gold colors to complement Sleeping Beauty Castle. In keeping with the architectural style of a European village, the exterior is bright and welcoming, with ornamental birds, butterflies and blooming flowers.
- Guests still may see the Evil Queen spying on those below from a window above the entrance.
- Snow White was Walt Disney’s original princess, debuting in the 1937 film “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” which was Walt Disney’s first full-length animated feature. This attraction remains the only ride-through princess attraction at Disneyland park.