Avatar: The Exhibition has opened in Chengdu, China starting today, Saturday, May 1, 2021.
- Avatar: The Exhibition opened today, Saturday, May 1, in Chengdu, China.
- The exhibition gives guests a way to experience the world, and explore the landscape and creatures you see in the film.
- In March, James Cameron’s Avatar reclaimed the title of the highest-grossing film of all time, in terms of worldwide earnings, passing Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame after a re-release in China.
- During its initial release, Avatar earned $202.6 million in China and held the top spot for the country for four years, when it was surpassed by Stephen Chow's Journey to the West, which brought in $215 million in 2013.
More on the Avatar:
- Cameron recently confirmed the long-rumored titles of the next four Avatar films are:
- The Way of Water
- The Seed Bearer
- The Tulkun Rider
- The Quest for Eywa
- The first sequel was originally planned to hit theaters on December 17, 2021, with the next three films following on the same weekend over the next few years. That changed with the most recent round of delays to the film release schedule:
- Cameron and Fox announced the target releases of the sequels ahead of the opening of Pandora – the World of Avatar in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
You can learn more about Avatar on the film’s official website.