In a special episode of What’s Up, Disney+, hosts Jenny and Andre sit down with Disney Legend Lea Salonga to talk about her career in theater, her performances in Aladdin and Mulan, and more serious topics like representation and the recent hate crimes toward the AAPI community.
- A special episode of the popular web video series, What’s Up, Disney+ welcomes Disney Legend, Lea Salonga and puts her in the creator’s spotlight.
- In honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, hosts Jenny Lorenzo and Andre Meadows chat with the Disney Legend as she reflects on her 43-year career in the theater, providing the singing voices for Jasmine in the original Walt Disney Animation Studios Film, Aladdin (1992) and Mulan in 1998’s Mulan.
- The trio also discusses the need for a more inclusive future for storytelling and Salonga also shares an important and hopeful message in the wake of recent hate crimes towards the AAPI community.
- Early on in the conversation, Salonga also shares the pressure she felt representing her community, especially in her Les Miserables performance.
- You can catch the legendary musical performances by Salonga in Aladdin and Mulan that earned her Disney Legend status in 2011 now streaming on Disney+.