The Walt Disney Company, with the help of Grogu, rang the Opening Bell today at the New York Stock Exchange in celebration of May the 4th.
- At the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) an opening bell signals the opening of trading for the day, and again at closing.
- The bell, first used in the 1870s, is rung to assure that no trades take place before the official opening and closing.
- In celebration of Star Wars Day, May the 4th, The Walt Disney Company rang the opening bell for the start of trading. They also got a little help from Grogu, one of the stars of the Disney+ series The Mandalorian.
More from Star Wars Day:
- More details have been shared about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, coming to the Walt Disney World Resort in 2022 as Guests will be fully immersed in a two-night adventure where they see, feel, and live Star Wars.
- Walt Disney World has released a first look at the “real” lightsaber Guests will first be able to see when they book a stay on the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
- It wouldn’t be a celebration without merchandise, and shopDisney has been releasing Star Wars items all day. You can check the full list of merchandise here.