The Walt Disney Company and Star India have pledged support to the ongoing COVID-19 relief efforts in India in addition to their previous contributions.
- The Walt Disney Company and Star India on Wednesday pledged a financial support of Rs 50 crore for India's ongoing COVID-19 relief efforts.
- The proceeds will be utilised to aid relief efforts and towards the procurement of critical healthcare equipment, including oxygen concentrators and ventilators along with setting up oxygen plants across hospitals, a statement said.
- The company will also continue supporting relief efforts through its Disney Employee Matching Gifts programme, wherein for employee donations to pre-approved charitable organisations, the company matches the amount.
- This is in addition to Rs 28 crore that The Walt Disney Company and Star India contributed towards COVID-19 relief in 2020.
- Back in March of last year, Disney+ Hotstar was set to debut alongside the India Premier League Cricket tournament which was delayed because of COVID-19 concerns, with Disney+ Hotstar delayed as well and eventually debuting on April 3rd.
What They’re Saying:
- K Madhavan, President, The Walt Disney Company India and Star India: "We stand in solidarity with all of India in our fight against COVID-19. The Walt Disney Company and Star India are humbly contributing Rs 50 crore to aid relief efforts. The need of the hour is to provide critical healthcare supplies and equipment to save lives. This is our common fight and our contribution reaffirms our steadfast commitment to India..