Walt Disney World has released details for those looking to audition for roles to play characters aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser when the immersive adventure begins in 2022.
- Disney Auditions released details on characters they are looking to fill for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at the Walt Disney World Resort. Submissions will be accepted through May 21, 2021.
- Roles include a Captain, Cruise Director, Ship Mechanic, Fixer, First Order Lieutenant, and Saber Trainer.
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will invite Guests as they travel the galaxy aboard the Halcyon starcruiser for two nights.
- Throughout the journey, Guests’ choices will determine their personal adventures by interacting with characters, crew, and other passengers they meet as they become part of the action and the broader Star Wars saga. Decisions guests make will determine how their individual stories unfold as they seize control of their destinies – and potentially impact the fate of the galaxy.
- You can learn more about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser in our detailed preview.
Role Details for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser:
- Captain: “Seeking a mature, commanding actor with strong improvisational abilities to portray the Halcyon’s Captain. She is a worldly Pantoran (40s-50s) with a rich, diverse history and dedication to her vocation. She is a strong and charismatic leader who has served as a well-respected ship commander for some time and demands the attention and focus of every room she walks into.”
- Cruise Director: “Seeking an effervescent actor with strong improvisational abilities to portray the Halcyon’s Cruise Director. She is a human (30s) with the capacity to learn that life is about more than the fun of the moment, and draws inspiration from the efforts she sees being made to bring harmony and justice to the galaxy. A born cruise director who loves travel and adventure, she is a cheerful and harmonious people person.”
- Ship Mechanic: “Seeking a friendly and engaging actor with strong improvisational abilities to portray the mechanic. A youthful (late teens-20s) human with big dreams, his enthusiasm sometimes outpaces his capabilities, and, as a result, he tries to present a braggadocios front to mask the vulnerability of being far from home.”
- The Fixer: “Seeking a confident and engaging actor with strong improvisational abilities to portray The Fixer. Character portrayed is a well-traveled, devil-may-care human (40s). A convincing and handsome schemer, he uses his charm to his advantage as he seeks out associates to enlist in his criminal enterprise. His calculated and conniving approach is an intellectual dance; a paso doble that leaves passengers wondering… was he the bull or the matador? Actors with sleight of hand tricks a plus and are encouraged to prepare a demonstration of abilities.”
- First Order Lieutenant: “Seeking a charismatic and engaging actor with strong improvisational abilities to portray the First Order Lieutenant. Character portrayed is human (40s) and working his way up the ladder. An ambitious officer of the First Order, the Lieutenant is new to his position of power, and is working hard not to let us know that. He doesn’t see a line between abusing and leveraging power.”
- Saber Trainer: “Seeking warm and engaging athletic actors with improvisational abilities to serve as Saber Trainers. Character portrayed is in their 20’s-30’s. Patient and well-composed instructors, Saber Trainers serve as expert wielders of the lightsaber and he/she/they take cruisers through a physical demonstration. Prior sword/saber experience a plus as the role requires the ability to confidently brandish a lightsaber. Only talent local to the Central Florida area will be considered.”
Adventures aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will begin in 2022 at the Walt Disney World Resort.