Deadline has reported that Marya Bangee has been named Walt Disney Studios’ VP of Multicultural Audience Engagement.
- Deadline has reported that Marya Bangee has been hired as Walt Disney Studios’ VP of Multicultural Audience Engagement, taking over for Julie Ann Cromett who had left back in February.
- Bangee and her team will be responsible for making sure culturally representative stories are being told through talent acquisition, retainment, and marketing throughout the various Disney Studios.
- She was previously the Executive Director of Harness, where she worked with culture-makers to promote more authentic narratives.
Other Walt Disney Company News:
- The Walt Disney Company and Star India on Wednesday pledged financial support of Rs 50 crore for India's ongoing COVID-19 relief efforts. The proceeds will be utilized to aid relief efforts and towards the procurement of critical healthcare equipment, including oxygen concentrators and ventilators along with setting up oxygen plants across hospitals, a statement said.
- Craig Hunegs has decided to leave his role as President of Entertainment at Disney. His exit comes just six months after the company announced a major restructure with the focus heavily on Direct-to-Consumer and streaming.